“This is what it is and how it works. Now it's up to you to figure out what you can do with it.”
Just a little note: I call an Amstrad CPC an Amstrad CPC (or CPC for short) and an Amstrad Plus an Amstrad Plus (or Plus for short). No “CPC old” or “CPC+” here.
– 8bit CPU
I/O with the other chips. almost complete
– CRT Controler by Motorola
, controls frame timings and VRAM display pointer. draft
– Amstrad custom chips. Controls the video mode, colors, interrupts & ROM
mapping. almost complete
– Programable Peripheral Interface by Intel
– Floppy Disc Drive controller by NEC
– Soundchip by General Instruments
. almost publishable
– Amstrad Plus custom chip. draft
The firmware is the native Operating System of the Amstrad CPC/Plus. Reading these documents is highly recommanded.
by Locomotive Software Ltd.
, 1984-1985. Missing Data structures.
by Amstrad Consumer Electronics plc
by Richard Wilson
, 1993. The best AMSDOS alternative that fully support 3.5' drive.
, 2004-2009. need wikidesign & update to 1.2
, 1992-1993. formatting 1.1 manual, searching for ST128 stuff
an open source pixelart-oriented painting program. – (Multiplatform)